About Me

My photo
just gimme a minute.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

cyclone confusion

you want to be like this forever?
reckless and avoidant,
steely-eyed and unsure

I had almost forgotten the tattoo on your shoulder
all those dead bodies
all those forgotten graves

there's a poem
i want to send you
but don't read too much into it
i thought you'd like the part
about the flowers and the sweet wine
the long nights and early mornings
something about hunger
and its lingering claws

what else do you remember?
we speak through distorted speakers
hoping to ignite those
fleeting, tender memories

i get removing the temptation,
the rush, the release, the relief
but we both know i still live in your head
you can't prevent me from showing up
unexpectedly in your dreams

I'll wait until your next fight
or the next impulse
whichever comes first
you couldn't forget me if you tried

No comments:

Post a Comment